TITLE: Business Development Manager SALARY GRADE:
REPORTS TO: EXEMPTION STATUS:
DEPARTMENT: Business Development LOCATION: Northern California
PREPARED: JOB CODE:
The primary accountabilities for this position is to interface customer to develop new business opportunities, mange programs from NPI through MP, quote new flexible printed circuits, price reduction activities, improve business relationship, and meet sales Target. Responsibilities are to coordinate and facilitate the meeting with purchasing/operation team and Engineering team to resolve any open items for current and new programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directly or through team members, Business Development Manager has the following responsibilities:
• Interface customer for Business Development (current programs and new programs)
• Coordinate meeting with Customer Purchasing/Operation team and Engineering team
• Participate in Early Supplier involvement (ESI) activities
• Facilitate all necessary document for quote
• Prepare & Submit pricing to Customers per customer’s requested timeline after reviewing Design requirements and with the best estimate of labor and material cost
• Plan Projects to meet customer deliverables with key Milestones and delivery dates.
• Prepare Forecast
• Participate in price negotiation, Design review and Quality support
• Lead and drive to meet Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Sales Target
• Gather industry and competitive information
• Coordinate and Follow up with US team members, China Team Members and Customer to help resolve open issues and concerns.
• Coordinate DOE with help of Cross Functional Team.
• Communicate and respond to customers/suppliers/CM in timely Manner.
• Make Regular Visit to Customer, CM’s Sites and Critical Vendors.
• Co-ordinate and Facilitate Conferences call when required.
• Must have work hour flexibility and Travel flexibility to get the job completed
• Drive internal team for yield and process improvement and to reduce the cost
• Coordinate the DRC/DFM feedback responses to customer in a defined time frame and make sure the requested changes are agreed upon and implemented
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge of AutoCAD/ECAM software applications.
• Ability to read component data sheets, electronic schematics and fabrication drawings.
• Ability to generate FPCB fabrication flow chart and BOM based on a customer supplied fabrication print.
• Position requires traveling (International travel 25%).
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Microsoft Office suite of Applications. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
• BSEE/BSME or equivalent experience, Masters preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in FPCB design or/and manufacturing and program management
• Sales and program management experience is preferred
• Preferred Bilingual (English and Chinese), not a must
• Proven ability to work effectively in an autonomous or team environment
• Experience in handling meetings, presentation, price negotiation with customer, managing moderately complex projects including customer interface, design and manufacturing development, problem solving and on-going technical support.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No: X Yes:
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No: X Yes: How many?
Are there employees reporting directly to this job? No: X Yes: How many?
What is the total number of employees who report both directly AND indirectly to this job? How many?