Program Manager, Mechanical Engineer (Job Ref. #JJ-0726)
Job Duties: Support NPI (New Product Introduction) programs for flexible printed circuits through completion, including providing quotes, developing price reduction activities, identifying business opportunities, and meeting sales targets. Coordinate all aspects of manufacturing production and interface with customers on current and prospective mechanical engineering projects. Liaise with the manufacturing and engineering teams in the US and China, and with customers to assist in resolving open issues and concerns, to implement operating procedures, and to provide technical information. Participate in Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) activities and facilitate all necessary technical documents for quotes. Prepare and submit pricing (including best estimate of labor and material cost) to customers after reviewing design requirements. Participate in design review and quality support for company’s products. Lead manufacturing activities to meet and drive Monthly, Quarterly and Annual sales targets. Make regular visits to customers, customer’s sites and critical vendors. Respond to customers/suppliers/CM (Contract Manufacturers) in timely manner. Coordinate the DRC/DFM (Design Rule Check/Design for Manufacturing) feedback responses to customer to make sure the requested changes are agreed upon and implemented. Employer allows remote employment within commuting distance.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or a related field. 36 months exp. as Manufacturing Engineer, or as Quality Engineer or in manufacturing engineering, including any relevant job titles within these occupations; experience must be in the manufacturing environment.
Work experience to include:
- Applying mechanical and industrial engineering principles to support New Product Introduction (NPI) programs to meet customer deliverables with the key milestones and delivery dates.
- Using AutoCAD software applications to schematic diagram into a physical circuit board layout, to verify Printed Circuit Board (PCB) routing, verify location of adhesive layers and shim locations, verify tool drill holes and their location by verifying their dimension based on Manufacturing Change Order (MCO).
- Reading component data sheets, electronic schematics, and fabrication drawings.
- Generating Flexible Printed Circuit Board fabrication flow chart and Bill of Materials (BOM) based on a customer supplied fabrication print.
- Working with engineering and support teams on implementing operating procedures and to provide technical information.
- Participating in design review process and early supplier involvement activities, including price negotiations.
- Providing support to cross functional team in Design of Experiments (DOE) process.
- Monitoring NPI process from Proto-1 to MP (Mass Production) build to ensure timeliness and quality of supplied parts.
- Preparing reports for liability from each build.
- Implementing Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate manufacturing processes.
- Leading cross functional team through the 8D process to identify the root cause of failures.
Any and all experience may be gained concurrently. Position requires 15% domestic and 15% international travel; expenses paid by employer 40 hrs./wk. Salary: $113,173 to $145,000.00 per year.
Work Location: 101 Academy Drive, Suite 250, Irvine, CA 92617.
To Apply: Interested applicants to please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Job Ref.# JJ-0726. EOE